Sunday, February 15, 2009

worth my violence

i spoke in a spasm, moved out
of a room that had slowly started feeling
like leftovers, toward something
i was somehow sure knew me.
on the way, looked at my options,
and they all seemed the same - just,
one had me moving its way already.
i remembered i'd dreamt out
of it. it coming up, pretending to be
me, and suggesting: what
we can do, other than be thankful
that the world still has more to offer
up to the searching. i noticed its
little warmth at my side. not remarkable
enough to press on from,
just to walk with. i started seeing
my scenario and trusting it. so when it
got up, and didn't even wait to see
that i would follow, i did, and felt
like i was guiding. i even figured that
through all the spaces i'd filled
my speeches with, it was maybe
protecting me, by moving me
toward a fight that felt
finally worth my violence

No comments:

Post a Comment