Thursday, February 12, 2009

what I meant to say

Yes, I still love.
Nothing but desire
in the soil it grows of.
I know how to love.
And it burns so far, so deep
inside what I will always,
Always hold to be true.
I made a promise,
and whether or not you
let me show it by seeing, looking
at what I give, I won’t break it.
and I will keep
Loving you in the only way
I can now. Next to me.
Next to you, fighting me.
But I won’t hope to hurt you.
And if I do, you can’t
make me proud. I’ll keep
your peace in my interest
if it ever comes my way.
You can’t make me forget
what I meant to say. And if you
want to know how far I’ve given,
just look where I do.
Look, first, at you.
And see the light I tried for.
Don’t see me, you don’t need to.
Because now, I do.
and in the mirror, I still see,
believe that your best is true.
Yes, I still love.
I know how to.

No comments:

Post a Comment