Tuesday, August 4, 2009

caterpillar

tell me to come here, we share
the size of this. i'm noisy, you sound so
used to, charging a battery i know nothing of.

i may be subject to only my own -
my recession, my wardrobe, my dynamic.
my attempts at empathy- there is no mean
to that end. but i feel like i am a legend, a joke
that makes everyone seem to be a part
of something by knowing.

laughter matters at every level but only
when it measures what we know
about our selves. otherwise

i may not need to know you.
the caterpillar is exhausted, but that's not
a part of the story. and i do know the value
of this chapter: the changes i don't choose
to make, the real life foreshadowing itself

i wonder if i could even remember it all, every part
while obviously we are traveling time. the only thing
there is is a beginning and an end,
but those are the parts i know i won't remember. and this
is the best part. look, the part i remember
is always the best part

No comments:

Post a Comment